Content and Purpose
- What is the source of information about?
- What is the purpose of the information? Is it to inform, teach, sell, entertain or persuade?
- Is the information fact, opinion or propaganda?
- Does the point of view appear objective and impartial?
- Are there political, ideological, cultural, religious, institutional or personal biases?
- Who is the author/publisher/sponsor of the information/website?
- What organizations is the author and/or sponsor affiliated with?
- What are the author's qualifications to write on the topic?
- Where does the information come from? Is it supported by evidence?
- Can the information be verified?
- Does the language or tone seem unbiased and free of emotion?
- Are there spelling, grammar or typographical errors?
- Who is the intended audience?
- How useful is this source in comparison to other sources available?
- Would this be a strong source to use in a research paper?
- When was the content published? Updated?
- Does the website have working links?
- Does it matter if the information on the subject is current or not?