Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Finding a Business Case
How to Find a Business Case
Website: Nielsen Library -> Research Guides -> Finding a Business Case
Go to Nexis Uni
1. Figure out a topic
Keywords to use:
drug abuse, intellectual property, Alien Tort Statute, human rights violations
drug manufactures, Universities, Construction, automobile manufactures
v. Company, v. Inc, Apple, Inc. General Motors
appeals court, supreme court
2. Search Nexis Uni - Guided Search - Cases - ..about
Nielsen Library -> Articles & Databases -> Most Popular Databases -> Nexis Uni
- Nexis Uni contains only appellate level and above court cases.
- Do not search the big box; click on the Cases box in the Guided Search area
- Look at the Overview box beneath the case number for a case summary.
- Click on the case number and the Printer-friendly view icon to find the case’s length.
3. Understand your Case
- Limit results to Case law.
- Limit by Any time Since for more recent cases.
- Look for company name, opinion, and length.
- Copy the citation at the top of the case you want [Example: 941 F.Supp. 528 (1996)] and paste it into Nexis Uni.