What Makes eBooks Different?
Elsevier and Springer have opened some of their collections to electronic lending. Springer & Elsevier are academic publishers, which means this is better for scholarly information than for leisure materials.
How to Use Springer/Elsevier eBook Searching:
Access to Springer & Elsevier's e-books is being hosted by Prospector, so you'll use the Prospector interface for searching.
Type either Springer or Elsevier into the Prospector Search box.
- Searching just this term will bring back everything that is available through that publisher, regardless of topic, if you're interested in browsing.
- Adding your search topic keywords after the publisher name will bring back the electronic books available on that topic. (e.g. Springer climate change)
- Look for the "Request It" button next to the correct citation/format information.
- A popup window should appear, asking for your affiliation; Adams State is at the top.
- Submit the information.
- You'll be asked to input your name (natural order: First then Last), and your ASU 900 number. *Please note, you need to include the letters ASU (not case sensitive) and the full 900 number.
- Submit, and your request will be processed.
- You will receive an email including a link to your ebook in downloadable PDF format.
Video Demo (includes SILLVR & eBooks)